Advocates for Ohio’s Future, in partnership with Policy Matters Ohio and the Children’s Defense Fund Ohio hosted three Town Hall meetings to inform the work of the Minority Health Strike Force in advance of the June 11 deadline for long-term recommendations from the Strike Force. The goal of these Town Hall meetings was to make sure that voices of our communities are represented and they have the opportunity to inform the recommendations of the MHSF.
The Minority Health Strike Force was developed by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine and charged with developing recommendations to address racial health disparities identified during the rise of COVID-19. They have already released their interim report and are planning to make final recommendations on June 11, 2020. We scheduled these virtual town hall meetings to create a forum to share our expertise and insight with the subcommittee members of the Strike Force.
Data and Research Town Hall Presenters:
- Kelley Griesmer, President & CEO, The Women’s Fund of Central Ohio
- Marie B. Curry, Managing Attorney, Community Legal Aid Services, Inc., Representing Ohio Consumers for Health Coverage
- Genelle Denzin, HMIS Data Analyst, Josh Johnson, Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator, Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio (COHHIO)
- Teresa Kobelt, Director of Strategy, Innovation, and Forecasting for the Office of Policy, The Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence (OCALI)
- Kelly Capatosto , Senior Research Associate, Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity
- Franco Formicelli, Director, United Way of Greater Cleveland’s 211 HelpLink, Representing the Ohio Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (Ohio AIRS)
- Jodi Long, Associate Director, Montgomery County Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services
You can access the materials and recordings from the Healthcare and Education & Outreach Town Halls HERE
The Minority Health Strike Force will be holding a Virtual Community Meeting Tuesday, June 16 from 1 – 3 p.m.
If you are interested in presenting, please submit your PowerPoint or resting slide and outline of remarks to email@example.com by this Friday, June 12 at 5 p.m. Remarks will be held to no more than 5-7 minutes. Presenters not selected to present live will be invited to submit written testimony. Written testimony will be shared with the strike force members as they prepare for the final report.
Those who would like to take part by listening to the remarks made be other organizations can register for the call in / webinar details HERE